4/29/2010

ART lives on

Recently, I stumbled on some interesting news from Chicago Public library:
Chicago Artists' Archives: Since the 1940s, the Art Information Center has kept records of visual artists living or working in the Chicago area. The Archives maintain records in the form of biographical information, artists' applications, statements, reproductions of artwork, exhibition catalogs, gallery announcements, reviews, articles, etc.
Cool, right? Even better, I found out that three photos of my artwork, a listing of a lot of my shows, and some invites, blurbs etc. from my much more productive gallery days were in the archives. It was so unreal to think it will be there -in a real archive forever. The internet computer age has made libraries in some ways relics, a shame I think... There is still nothing that compares to a real book and walking in a library and feeling the thrill I did when I was young. I am super lucky to have a family of readers, we devour the written word. Lovely, I think.
Go read, draw, write, sketch, sing, dance and live.. turn off the tv. ( Oh I know I love a little Project Runway myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment